页面

2010年11月7日星期日

I thought that's where he belonged, he said.

Metairie, Louisiana (AP) Tom Dempsey long resigned to the idea that one day his lens on the grounds of the NFL record exceeded. Four decades after its founding 63 yards to the New Orleans Saints to a 19-17 victory over the Detroit Lions in the old Tulane Stadium, the famous dog and hit on the right foot has not been overcome.
I am proud of the record and I realize that one day will be Steelers 10 Santonio Holmes jersey
broken because kickers are better now than when I played, Dempsey said Thursday during a visit to the training of the saints in the suburbs. I'm really surprised, because you have to look in the NFL. There are so many great players. Kickers have improved over the years. To start a long time to be a right.Only Dempsey kick tied the record eighth November 1970. Jason Elam (notes) is for Denver Broncos at Mile High Stadium in 1998.
The 63-year-old Dempsey looks like hes at least half-joking when he said that the lack Elam: I have the hassle about it, but I say I'm better under the sea. Dempsey said he intends to be friendly with the shadow of the brand and hell to call immediately to congratulate him.
When Jason Elam tied my record, I got 30 sports journalists from around the country who have had bad about him, because he will start in Denver, where the air is thinner, said Dempsey. I said, Guys, do not worry; if he is. What the trouble he had. I think way.Dempsey said he did not know how long absence when he was known for his cock.
Don Enrique, our offensive coordinator, was on the headset and said, Tell is clumsily put them in a long time, said Dempsey. If I had known that was 63 feet, I probably lost, but I knew it was a long way.Normally, Dempsey was 7 meters, two meters behind the line of scrimmage. Joe Scarpati owner told him that the ground was moving, a court support as necessary to achieve, with its relatively low trajectory, clearly supports the height of the block. Dempsey said he consciously tried not understand what they were court. I knew that the second shot that would go a long way, said Dempsey. My only concern was to stay to the right costumes and stage long.The totals after the game, and celebrate the police even with the kicker a few beers terminated.
If you have a record, it is only one city in America, bring into force here in New Orleans, said Dempsey. I was in the dressing room and wouldnt me out leave, because there are so many people there. The sergeant was there and said, Chief of which was a long day. Im getting a little thirsty. He asked me what I wanted. I said I wanted a little Dixie. send a few of his men and returned with two cases, and I sat in the dressing room with two police for a few hours, then we went to school. I do not know how many places we went, but he was smart enough to home.Soon me later asked the Hall of Fame used especially for shoe Dempsey fix the problem . Dempsey sai d not want him either, because there are still seven games this season. Finally upheld the boat to the New Orleans Saints Hall of Steelers 10 Santonio Holmes jersey
Fame. I thought that's where he belonged, he said. Dempsey shot was undoubtedly one of the best moments in the history of the Saints for much of the existence of the franchise. Saints, founded in 1967, have reached not only a successful season in the first 20 years and has yet to make the playoffs for the first time until 1987. Last season was the way of the Saints for the first time the Super Bowl and the first championship of the NFL, Dempsey looked at his favorite bar on Bourbon Street, the Old Absinthe House.
It is absolutely phenomenal, said Dempsey. Once I left I knew it was to watch over people and Bourbon Street office. I was happy for them.Dempsey who settled in New Orleans after his playing career, said he has No specific plan for the 40 anniversary of his kicks on the night of Monday, but said he would not care to reach an old bar, brought in the French Quarter.

没有评论:

发表评论